Altair is pleased to announce the availability of Inspire Cast (ex solidThinking Click2Cast) 2018.3, is a casting process simulation software that allows the user to enhance and optimize their manufactured components.
Altair Inspire Cast - 2018.3 Release Notes:
New Features: User Interface
New Altair Inspire Cast File Name Extension
- Model files are now saved with an extension of .icast.
Multiformat Support for Importing Geometry
- Import geometry files in multiple formats including Parasolid, Step, SW, Catia, ProE, and NX.
Geometry Creation and Modification
- Modify and create geometry using the tools on the new Geometry ribbon tab.
Import of Multiple Bodies
- Import multiple bodies as components (part, runner, riser, core, etc.) and assign different materials and temperatures.
Component Creation and Editing
- Create and edit components including cores, chillers, risers, sleeves, overflows, the mold, and coolers.
Multicomponent Output and Visualization
- Easily visualize the results of individual or multiple components using the legend at the top left of the modeling window.
- You can now create exothermal sleeves, in addition to isothermal sleeves. In the Sleeve tool microdialog, select the sleeve type and define the corresponding parameters.
- You can now create or import your cooling system. Use the new cooling system feature to easily design your cooling lines and simulate their effect on the mold.
- Section cuts allow you to create and view a 2D section plane of a part to detect potential issues inside. Use the Section Cut tool in the view controls at the lower left of the modeling window to create section cuts and reposition the section planes interactively
Unit System Selector
- International and US units for casting are available, as well as other standard metric and English unit systems. You can change the display units using the Unit System Selector in the lower right corner of the modeling window. To change the model units, which are used for solver calculations and file export, use the Preferences. You can customize the display units using the Unit System Selector or Preferences.
New Features: Process Setup
Tilt Pouring Curve
- For gravity tilt pouring casting, you can now enter the filling time and the rotation time separately. By entering points on the time vs rotation curve, the user will be able to better reproduce the process.
Piston Velocity Curve
- For high pressure die casting, you can now enter times and velocities in a table to change velocities during mold filling, in addition to defining the phase change by providing an initial and second phase velocity. You can also modify the velocity profile by clicking the graph.
Dynamic Graphing on Low Pressure
- For low pressure die casting, you can modify the pressure graph by clicking it.
New Features: Analysis Results
Microporosity (Dimensionless Niyama)
- A new microporosity result using a dimensionless Niyama criterion has been added, since the threshold value below which shrinkage porosity forms is generally unknown and alloy dependent. Like the original Niyama criterion, the dimensionless criterion accounts for the local thermal conditions, but it also accounts for other variables like pressures, material properties, and parameter properties.
- This new result allows you to check for the formation of pipe shrinkage in casting parts. This defect occurs when the top surface is open to the atmosphere; as the shrinkage cavity forms, the air compensates.
- Total shrinkage is the sum of shrinkage porosity and pipe shrinkage. This new result type provides a comprehensive view of the porosity in the component.
About Altair Inspire Cast. Altair, with UK offices in Leamington Spa, Manchester and Bristol, is a leading developer of engineering and manufacturing simulation solutions that enable companies to lower the cost of the entire product development process. Altair’s manufacturing solutions includes the revolutionary Altair Inspire Cast (formally known as Click2Cast), a fast, accurate and affordable casting simulation environment that allows metal casters to rapidly visualise typical casting defects such as air entrapment, shrinkage porosity, cold shuts and mold degradation; and quickly rectify them before physical tools exist, to avoid costly downstream corrections.
About Altair. Altair transforms design and decision making by applying simulation, machine learning and optimization throughout product lifecycles. Our broad portfolio of simulation technology and patented units-based software licensing model enable Simulation-Driven Innovation™ for our customers. With more than 2,000 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 71 offices throughout 24 countries. Altair serves more than 5,000 customers across broad industry segments.
Product: Altair Inspire Cast
Version: 2018.3 build 1554
Supported Architectures: x64
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer
Download File Size:1.09 GB